Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy
We at Ride Electric Australia take privacy seriously and we are committed to complying with Australian Privacy Laws.
What is ‘personal information’?
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information:
- to provide products and services to our customers;
- to communicate with our customers and contacts;
- to manage and account for our products and services;
- to improve our products and services;
- to market our products and services;
- to send invitations to our events;
- to manage our employees and contractors;
- to manage and deliver our loyalty programs or schemes;
- to fulfil our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights and to issue or defend legal proceedings;
- to generally carry on our business; and
- to assess our customers for creditworthiness or continuing creditworthiness as we reasonably see fit from time to time, for the purposes including but not limited to:
- obtaining and exchanging information with a credit reporting agency, credit provider, credit insurer or insurance broker;
- passing the information on to a debt collector or solicitor;
- exchanging further personal information, including consumer and/or commercial credit information, with another body for any use reasonably connected with the provision of credit or the collection of debts.
What personal information do we collect and provide?
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information that is needed to provide services and products to you. For example, we may collect details such as your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address to correctly process a quote or invoice and fulfil the warranty requirements of some products. We also collect information that is required for use in the business activities of Ride Electric, including for example, financial details necessary in order to process various transactions and any other information you may elect to provide to us.
We are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information. We will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Policy, unless you tell us otherwise.
How we collect personal information?
Where practical we will collect personal information directly from you. Generally this will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website. We may request information about you when you purchase or make enquiries about products and services, when you enter competitions, register for promotions or when you request brochures or other information. We may also collect information when we invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
We collect personal information about our customers from external sources such as:
- credit or trade referees;
- credit reporting agencies;
- other credit providers;
- guarantors/proposed guarantors;
- public sources such as telephone listings and internet;
- our service providers involved in helping us to provide credit or to administer credit facilities, including our debt collectors, credit insurer, insurance broker and legal advisers.
How do we use personal information?
We will use your personal information to provide you with bikes, scooters and bike/ scooter related products and services.
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as any one or more of the following purposes:
- Identification of fraud or error;
- Regulatory reporting and compliance;
- Developing, improving and marketing our products and services;
- Servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you;
- Involving you in market research gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you;
- To facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
- To analyse trends in sales and bike choices;
- For marketing activities; and
- Internal accounting and administration.
Is the information disclosed to third parties?
We may disclose your personal information:
- as permitted or required by law;
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- to our third party service providers as well as to our related entities and brands;
- to third parties who may require your details for your product or service to be covered by warranty
The third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may also be taken to have collected your personal information in their own right, for their internal use. For more information, see the heading above, titled “When we act as a retailer”.
Where we engage third party contractors to perform services for us those third party contractors may be required to handle your personal information. Under these circumstances those third party contractors must safeguard this information and must only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied, although we are not responsible for ensuring this.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Security of Information
Ride Electric Australia has implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Ride Electric Australia regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible.
Access and correction of personal information
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act 1988(Cth), we invite you to access and correct any personal information we may hold on you. If we deny access, we will provide you with the reason for such denial. We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information.
Should you no longer wish to receive information on promotions and services we think may be of interest to you or participate in market research, kindly e-mail us at, [email protected]
We welcome your inquiries or comments about our Policy. Should you have any comments or complaints please contact us at [email protected]
Changes to our policies
From time to time it may be necessary for us to review and revise this Policy. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time, should this occur the amendment would be posted on our website.
To request access to or correction of personal information, to request not to receive marketing material or invitations from us, or to make a privacy complaint to us, please contact:
Telephone: 07 55221847
Email: [email protected]